POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVray and my clock. : Re: POVray and my clock. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVray and my clock.
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 31 Aug 1999 13:17:29
Message: <37cac9d4.91955418@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:36:57 +0100, GRedway <GRe### [at] Totalisecouk>
wrote:

>POVray does strange things to my clock (the computer clock, not my body
>clock - but now I mention it.) Each time I return after a render the
>computer has lost time, but not the same amount of time it was
>rendering. It also does it in power saving. It's irritating, so if
>anyone knows how to fix this bucket of bolts I appreciate the info.

Had the same issue myself a week or so ago. Do you have much else
running at the same time? Any Norton utils?

I tried a few things (reducung what Norton monitors, unloading System
doctor, setting different priorities in POV-Ray) all to no apparent
effect.

Then one day I rebooted and theproblem had gone away...

>BTW. Is it just me or is it other POVers that have permenant jet-lag
>from irregular sleeping hours brought about by the need to "just finish
>this, it won't take long"?

Very much so. Speak to me wife... erm, at least I had one last time I
looked???

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/