POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS in PovRay? : Re: NURBS in PovRay? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS in PovRay?
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 31 Aug 1999 13:16:45
Message: <37cac361.90304208@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:31:47 -0400, Charles <cfu### [at] enternet> wrote:

>Cliff Bowman wrote:
>> Would "Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline Thingys" have been much of an
>> improvement?
>
>Heh heh. How about just "Non-Uniform Thingys". Then we could all have
>a lovely discussion about the benefits of modelling with NUTs. Or is
>that: We nuts could all have a lovely discussion about the benefits
>of modelling...

You are Charles Danials and I claim my ten pounds.

In-joke for a completely different group, where he's a character. A
real one.

Anyway - what IS a "Rational B-Spline"? Will it debate the pros and
cons of various techniques to model a specific item, or is in fact not
able to converse rationally?

"Oh no, you don't wanna do that. Sure you can do it with a torus if
you tweak this and that, add a few blobs and cut way that bit over
there - but I'd recommend using B-Splines, I really would".

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/