POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite! : Re: ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Subdivision Surface Suite!
From: Lance Birch
Date: 29 Aug 1999 01:10:37
Message: <37c8c0cd@news.povray.org>
Excellent idea!  MAX (yes sorry to say the forbidden word) has a plugin that
does a similar thing and I use it for the same reasons.

For anyone that wants to give it a go, try making a mesh that is like a
4-sided tube making a continuous knot.  (get what I mean?)  Then run it
through SSS and you should get a rather cool shape :)

I'm sure SSS will be a widely used Macro in this newsgroup from now on :)  I
look forward to some organic images in p.b.i 8)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind

P.S.  I finally have some more time now to get to these NGs, so you'll hear
a lot more of my usual dribble again.  ;)