POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : language settings : Re: language settings Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: language settings
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Aug 1999 17:06:15
Message: <37c1b7c7@news.povray.org>
You basically need to have the file be a *.pov file. There are no
settings (I know of) to start up a Untitled file out as a pov (or
inc). The program needs that extension first before it can judge it as
a script. So I guess that means the work-around would be to always
have a empty (or otherwise preset) Untitled.pov file on your desktop
and copy & paste into POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows for example. Not what
you wanted to hear I'm sure.

Bob