POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Site problem : Re: Site problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Site problem
From: Matt Swarm
Date: 23 Aug 1999 16:01:01
Message: <37c1a87d@news.povray.org>
Ken:

I love a good mystery.

The respondants have taken what seems to be the right tack.  Japanese
consistently mix in western characters and names, even in their
Japanese-language printed material.  All without translation or even
transliteration.  Just 'plop.'

BUT... a look at the HTML source does NOT remind me of Unicode or extended
character sets.  Too many $-signs and not enough characters wrapping into
the upper range of the normal 255-character ASCII set.   It doesn't look
like other Japanese sites, if memory serves.

If my off-the-cuff peek has led me astray... I'll blame it on sleep
deprivation.  If not, I'd guess somebody's HTML editor DLL went all scwewy.
If you like, I could run this by a couple of my clients in Japan-- one a
magazine editor.

If this helps, hows about some comments on my Image Size vs. Rendering Times
problem?

Matt