POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Site problem : Re: Site problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Site problem
From: Matt Swarm
Date: 23 Aug 1999 16:01:00
Message: <37c1a87c@news.povray.org>
Ken:

I love a good mystery.

The respondants have taken what seems to be the right tack.  Japanese
consistently mix in western characters and names, even in their
Japanese-language printed material.  All without translation or even
transliteration.  Just 'plop.'

BUT... a look at the HTML source does NOT remind me of Unicode or extended
character sets.  Too many $-signs and not enough characters wrapping into
the upper range of the normal 255-character ASCII set.   It doesn't look
like other Japanese sites, if memory serves.

If my off-the-cuff peek has led me astray... I'll blame it on sleep
deprivation.  If not, I'd guess somebody's HTML editor DLL went all scwewy.

If this helps, hows about some comments on my Image Size vs. Rendering Times
problem?

Matt