POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How do I animate? : Re: How do I animate? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I animate?
From: Spock
Date: 21 Aug 1999 14:21:34
Message: <37beee2e@news.povray.org>
Not sure if we are all talking about the same thing here,
but I normally have a separate ini file for each animation
(of course they all look similar but not the same) and I
just run the ini file instead of the pov file to produce the
animation.  If I had a setup stage I would create a new
ini file with different information and run that instead.

Here is the ini file from my latest bubble animation which
I call (not too surprisingly) "Bubbles11.ini":

    Antialias=on
    ;Quality=0
    Input_File_Name=Bubbles11.pov
    Initial_Frame=1
    Final_Frame=120
    Initial_Clock=0
    Final_Clock=1
    Width=1152
    Height=864
    ;Subset_Start_Frame=16
    ;Subset_End_Frame=120
    Cyclic_Animation=on
    Pause_when_Done=off

I would still like to play with your flocking algorithm
to see what variations on a theme I can come up with
but I will likely re-write it in Java (mostly by way of
learning what it does :-)