POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A birthday, of a sorts ... : Re: A birthday, of a sorts ... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A birthday, of a sorts ...
From: Alan Kong
Date: 20 Aug 1999 19:44:49
Message: <37bee5b6.234709575@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:06:51 -0400, Alberto <ame### [at] mausbve> wrote:

>Well, actually I was thinking about a full history of POV-Ray.

  Do you mean a *version* history of POV-Ray? I don't think such a document
exists in the form of a single text file. I believe that all minor revisions
(such as v3.1 to v3.1g) contain a revision or what's-new text file but these
might be lost when going to each new major version (v2.2 to v3.0 to v3.1).

>I also suggest the creation of a museum. The galleries could be named
>after the distinct POV-Ray versions and could hold representative scenes
>done with the version in question.

  I suppose that the IRTC can be considered as such. As POV-Ray gains new
features, the art submitted to the IRTC will tend to show off these
features, depending upon the topic of the contest. Of course, this is not
broken down by POV-Ray version, only by the chronological date of each
contest topic.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get