POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Normal question : scaling : Another Normal question : scaling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Another Normal question : scaling
From: Philip Bartol
Date: 21 Aug 1999 03:31:52
Message: <37be55e8@news.povray.org>
Aparently when you scale an object, it's normals don't scale with it... I
remember reading something about this in some of the media tutorials, but I
didn't remember seeing it with normals, but when I made an object that I had
to scale down so it would be the correct size for the scene I was using it in
(my graphpaper sketch wasn't to the final scale I was going to be using it).

What is the reasoning behind not scaling the normals (and does this apply to
textures and pigments also)?

Thanks

PHIL