POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3DMF file format : Re: 3DMF file format Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3DMF file format
From: Marjorie Graterol
Date: 20 Aug 1999 09:17:15
Message: <37bd555b@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> <snip>
>
>   Thank you Thorsten. I had a feeling that it was a Mac format but you
> have confirmed it for me. I found one program that will read them that
> will also output .dxf if I understand the web page description properly.
>   You might add this one to mac.povray.org since it also has 2 Mac
platform
> versions available plus a Win 95 version. The program is called Design
> Workshop Lt. which is free and there are more professional versions
available
> that require registration fees. Also check out their fantastic free models
> gallery while there. They have the largest 3D collection of historical
> buildings that I have seen anywhere.
>
> http://www.cadoutpost.com/
>
> --

I have read those files -from http://www.greatbuildings.com in Corel Dream
3D (Win95). -the best task CD3D performs btw-,  and saved into dxf. I have
not downloaded Design workshop though.  Softcad Lite(Win 95/NT) -free also-
makes a pretty decent work manipulating these dxf files, even though is a
little outdated.  I am running them in Win98, without any problem.

Regards,
Marjorie Graterol