POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3DMF file format : Re: 3DMF file format Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3DMF file format
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Aug 1999 05:02:53
Message: <37bd19bd@news.povray.org>
In article <37BCFC92.FDDB0720@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> Howdy Pardners,
>
>  Any of ya'll know something about this here 3DMF file format and if
> there be any conversion like programs available that will do one of
> them there 3dmf2pov conversion type things ?

Most (professional) Mac modellers can read 3dmf (the Apple QuickDraw 3D file
format), QuickTime 3.0 and 4.0 can display such files.  While I don't know
of any program that can convert 3dmf directly to POV-Ray, there are some out
there that can convert 3dmf to DXF.  Try the various links on
http://mac.povray.org/model_tools.html and I am sure you will fund such an
utility (perhaps even for Windows).  You may want to try the Apple QuickTime
site (www.apple.com/quicktime/) as well, as QuickDraw 3D is now part of
QuickTime.  They have some utilities (a bit hidden) on that site.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde