POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A birthday, of a sorts ... : Re: A birthday, of a sorts ... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A birthday, of a sorts ...
From: Alan Kong
Date: 19 Aug 1999 21:17:43
Message: <37bca8b5.153542152@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:34:16 +0100, Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote:

>It's a bit like saying don't talk about displacement maps because
>most of us don't understand them.

  Hi, Steve. If Albert had asked in Spanish for a brief history of POV-Ray I
wouldn't have been able to direct him to the page's .url.

  There's no standing rule that says that anyone *must* speak English-only
but news.povray.org is primarily frequented by English-speaking persons.
Posting messages in English will likely result in more than a few responses
to questions concerning POV-Ray. This isn't a policy of exclusion - rather,
if all parties speak English, why not post in English so others may
participate?

  If, on the other hand, a person speaks only Spanish and I could speak the
language I would try to post my reply to a Spanish-language post in both
Spanish and English, and attempt to translate the context of the question
for the benefit of others. Unfortunately, I cannot understand Spanish :(

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get