POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Skyvase Rendering Times : Skyvase Rendering Times Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Skyvase Rendering Times
From: Matt Swarm
Date: 18 Aug 1999 20:11:23
Message: <37bb4bab@news.povray.org>
Hello:

I seem to recall some discussion somewhere comparing rendering times of
skyvase.pov as a sort of hardware benchmark (It DOES take 100% of my OS/CPU
resources, according to Win98 System Monitor.)

640x480 No AA

Using a 400 Celeron overclocked to 500, 83 MHz bus, I get skyvase times
around 48-50 sec.    ...about 5 times faster than my 233MMX.

Here's the rub: using TWO CPUs on motherboard, o/c to same 500 (let's hear a
big Tool Time "GHz! Arr!  Arr!  Arr!" grunt), NT4.0 (only service pack 1 so
far)  seeing both CPUs, times are no better- maybe even slightly slower.

Have not tried multiple instances.

Whuzz happnin?  Where's the beef?

Thanks,

Matt