POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces : Re: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 17 Aug 1999 15:53:56
Message: <37b9b1fa.4097012@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:56:44 -0500, Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote:

>What would this conical mapping be like? I think it would be exactly the
>same as cylinderical(You can't wrap a rectangular image around a cone
>without distortion.).

Conical mapping - given that textures (btimpas at least) come in 1*1
squares... would conical mapping use one half (triangular) of said 1*1
texture? Of course for bricks and the like the texture would ahve to
be pre-tilted by, oh, about 45%... but (offhand) it sounds like a
plausable approach. Looking beyond a 1*1 basic texture (halved) or to
a third dimension is beyond me - this just seemd like the "obvious"
way of doing conical textures.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail