POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : logo needed : logo needed Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  logo needed
From: Rainer Mager
Date: 17 Aug 1999 02:19:21
Message: <37b8fee9@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

    I'm kind of in the process of creating a company. It is not going to be
anything significant for quite some time since I have a different full-time
job for now. The company will initially sell one product (a software
package) during my spare time. Anyway, I need a logo for the company and was
wondering if anyone here would like to work on it. I can't pay you a thing
but I can put your name up on the web site and recommend your talents to
anyone who asks. I realize that isn't much so please only work on this if
you really like doing these types of things.

    Anyway, the company name is "Qythyx" and it is in the high-tech field
and should have some sort of high-tech feel to the logo. I'd also need the
logo to be reproduceable in simple gray-scale for faxes, etc. If it can be
created using POV Ray then that would be nice since I would be able to
create any resolution image needed.
    I've been thinking that the logo should somehow incorporate the name
Qythyx into it (like Sun Microsystem's logo) and not just be an arbitrary
symbol (like Lucent Technologies' logo). BUT, if you have a good ideas I'm
open to anything. Another option is simply the word Qythyx in some nicely
formatted way. Finally, I've also been thinking that maybe just a fancy Q
would do well.

Thanks in advance,

--Rainer