POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Art of POV-Ray : Re: The Art of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Art of POV-Ray
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Aug 1999 21:44:30
Message: <37b76cfe@news.povray.org>
I see it as a method of creating things within the realm of a
computers calculated display. Whether it be the abstract or the
photoreal, to see something onscreen which has the ability to invoke a
thought of realism (notice I said abstract too) is what I like about
it most. Frankly, when the image becomes more 2D than 3D I start to
lose interest except for the sake it is a computed scene.

Bob

Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
> Actually I was thinking along similar lines the other day. I
wouldn't exactly
> have called it camps, but I also noted that you could "group"
pictures in some
> ways. I was mainly thinking about the images posted in these
newsgroups because
> I've seen wildly different things in other places, not only in the
IRTC.
> In stead of camps I was more thinking about goals one has:
experiments, realism,
> learning, entertainment/storytelling, technics.
> I know most people have more then one interest in POV and the
subjects seem to
> come in waves, probably because of people reacting on each other.
It's a pity