POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright : Re: Copyright Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 15 Aug 1999 11:16:39
Message: <37b6d9d7@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> The message header for this news server informs me that :
>
> > This copyrighted article comes from a private news
> > server and may NOT be redistributed.
>
>  Who does that copyright belong to. When I post any message any where is
> there a copy right assumed and implied ?

I suspect that they are saying the  article is copyrighted by the poster,
since that is a legal assumption of any post unless otherwise noted. The
'server' cannot override -your- right of copy without your permission.

Unless someone with more information about the motives of the POV team
contradicts me I suppose that they are doing us a favor by declaring what is
usually simply assumed.