POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces : Re: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone and Brick on non-flat surfaces
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Aug 1999 05:29:46
Message: <37b630fb.31498043@204.213.191.228>
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:42:05 -0500, Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote:

>Sure, any transform can be applied to an image map-including a matrix.

That is correct, but I think what Ken has in mind is 'shear the
image_map towards the cone axis so that it is not distorted upon
mapping.' I might be wrong and probably am.

Anyway, can conical mapping be achieved by means of uv-mapping a
simple linear_spline lathe?

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700