POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Nut's gallery : Re: POV-Nut's gallery Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Nut's gallery
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Aug 1999 15:55:55
Message: <37b5c3d5.38683382@204.213.191.228>
On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:21:18 -0800, David Heys
<cel### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Nice stuff! Question: Why'd you choose to create the dropshadows (around
>the thumbnails) as separate images?

Because a) I can adopt them to any thumbnail size (since the bottom
and the right part are scaled to fit) and b) it saves a lot of
bandwidth this way.

> I think my favorite would be "The Human Quest". Nice montage.

This one was for ComputerSpace '97, an annual international computer
arts exhibition/competition held in Sofia. So it's more conceptual
that the rest (most of which are quite abstract)

> How'd you accomplish the spiked light rays?

Umm... I think I started with a radial gradient (in a separate
channel) with white in the center and black in the circumference, then
used the extrude filter set to pyramids, level based with the
incomplete ones masked, then radial blur set to zoom, and lastly I
loaded this channel as selection and filled it with cyan. This was two
years ago, but I think that's how I did it (I'd do it this way now if
I had to).

>David

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700