POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This newserver and SPAMbots : Re: This newserver and SPAMbots Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This newserver and SPAMbots
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Aug 1999 13:34:33
Message: <37b5a8a9@news.povray.org>
In article <37b5a144@news.povray.org> , phi### [at] REMOVEMEconcentricnet
(Philip Bartol) wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a problem with SPAMbots on this news server. I'd
> like to get rid of the anti-SPAM device while accessing this news server (I've
> got a seperate copy of News Xpress running) but I don't want a whole new flood
> of SPAM dropped into my mailbox.
>
> I know this isn't really POVray related, but this was the only place I figured
> I could look...

This server is a private one there are in general no problems with it. And
as far as I can tell, while posting here for over a year now, I never had
problems with spam. I get less than one spam e-mail per month, and that may
well be from other sources and related to posting here.
So I would say there is no problem with spam if you post here.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany