POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interest in POV-Ray distribution system? : Re: Interest in POV-Ray distribution system? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interest in POV-Ray distribution system?
From: Erle Greer
Date: 12 Aug 1999 12:40:28
Message: <37b2f8fc@news.povray.org>
Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in message
> I'm doing the initial client and a rough server in Java. I have
> prototype tests working on Windows and Linux at the moment. So, are
> there any people who could actually use this once it's in shape for a
> public beta? I'm going to be putting it to use for the IMP, but I would
> like to help others if possible.
>
> The system is designed to work in WAN/Internet type settings first of
> all, but should work fine on a LAN for a local render farm as well.

I would participate in this.  My interests are in personal LAN rendering,
but it sounds like any support we can give to you project will also be
beneficial for personal LAN users.  Hey, it wouldn't hurt to have a global
rendering network either, much like other famous distributed efforts.

I can offer my humble network of 9722 PPS (SkyVase) in the effort.  Although
I'm a coder, I don't do Java, so sorry, but no help there.