POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV : Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV
From: Erle Greer
Date: 12 Aug 1999 12:20:12
Message: <37b2f43c@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know if the POV development team has considered adding parallel
/ distributed network rendering?  I have heard about couple of solutions,
but I'd prefer a feature already built-in, and not something that I have to
compile or figure out how to set up.

The Utopia that I imaging is that we could run POV on all clients and click
"Parallel Client, Connect, ServerName / IP address".  Having those options
specifiable on the command-line would be handy too.  Then, whatever scene is
rendered on ServerName is batched or distributed out to the clients.

POV is a great program, and I'd image that they already have their hands
full with bugs and/or feature requests.  Just thought I'd toss this out
there.

Thank You