POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read fiasco : Re: BLESS YOU! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BLESS YOU!
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Aug 1999 13:14:20
Message: <37b1af6c@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:57:23 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote:
>--------------F989E1663F4A13B6D65FD714
>
>Ken wrote:
>
>> Matt Giwer wrote:
>>
>> >         Where do the owners of this newsgroup have that rule stated?
>> > Please state EXACTLY where that rule is stated.
>>
>>   The official stance of the owners of this server are as follows though
>> unrelated material was removed to maintain brevity. You may read the full
>> context of the server posting policy in the announcement group here on this
>> server...
>
>	I will await the opinion of the newsgroup owners in reguards to
>the subject of a Netscape utility.
>
>	Pardon if I do not take you as authortitative.
>
>	Next I am going to be told that only the Linux version of POV is
>valid.
>
>--------------F989E1663F4A13B6D65FD714

Don't take him as authoritative.  Take Alan Kong as authoritative, since Ken
was just quoting a post from povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions:

From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] pacbellNO-SPAMnet>
Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
Subject: Where can I post my binary or text file?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:06:34 GMT

That "X-Authenticated-User: teamacct" header means Alan is a member of the
POV-Team.  That doesn't necessarily mean he is speaking for the POV-Team
(For example, I've never spoken for the POV-Team and I have no plans to
start doing so anytime soon, particularly not regarding news server matters)
but combined with the fact that it was posted in that newsgroup, it's a
pretty good bet he was.