POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Aug 1999 13:02:15
Message: <37b1ac97@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:50:56 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote:

>> There is no RFC committee.  There never was.  There never will be.  And neither
>> Netscape nor Microsoft would care anyway, as they're too busy carving out
>> "market share" to want to bother with standards.
>
>	No committes? That is going to be an awful surprise to the
>committee members.

There are the IETF and W3C and such organizations, but RFCs can be and
are submitted by anyone without any committee involvement, unless that's
changed within the past few years.  As it happens, I spoke too quickly:
vcard actually is covered by an RFC.  But then, so is netiquette. :)

>> Works for me.  Welcome to my killfile.
>
>	And that is what I recommended all along.

Actually, I've taken you back out because I found a better solution, which I
have recommended to Warp as well.  I no longer see vcard information, because
I modified my newsreader to kill the remainder of an article when it sees a
line containing the vcard MIME content type.  Open Source is such a beautiful
thing.

>> If it seems lonely, that's because
>> it is.  The only company you'll have in there is a few threads, because
>> none of the other people on here have been stupid enough to end up there.
>
>	Speaking of ego, lonely without you? Oh the abandonment of it
>all!

Ah, that was supposed to be a joke.  You were the only person in my killfile,
so I thought you might get lonely in there with just a couple threads to
interact with.

>	Ah well, what can we do against the people who smash the sewing
>machines. They are all dunderheads. Luddites in the old days.
>Today they curse graphics capable machines on the most renouned
>graphics website in the known universe.

Not at all.  I use Windows myself, as you can see from my headers.  I just
know when a GUI is useful and when it isn't.  I read .binaries.images in
Netscape; everything else I use a more efficient interface for.

>--
>Oh my God! They've rendered Kenny!
>--------------EE4E7EA13D77C4C3F8740D29

The above is what I see at the end of your posts now.  Ahhhh, that's so
much better! :)