POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Bernd M  Jordan
Date: 11 Aug 1999 12:07:21
Message: <37b19fb9@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote in message <37b19a95@news.povray.org>...
>Bernd M. Jordan <ber### [at] sbssiemenscom> wrote:
>: One thing that struck me while following the discussion (which, btw, is
>: really way off topic) is that some of you use a newsreader from the old
>: times, i.e. when the net was used only by students and other members of
the
>: mental elite. Yet, all of you cannot wait until a new version of PoV-Ray
>: comes out. That IMHO is schizophrenic.
>
>  I don't think that anyone here uses an old-time newsreader. I suppose
that
>everyone uses the latest version available. Newer versions have always
>newer features.

That's my point!

>  It's just like with povray: No-one uses pov2.2 anymore. Just a few use
>pov3.0. Most people use the latest version.
>  The fact that povray has existed for a long time doesn't make it an old
>program. You can't say "povray is an old program, you should upgrade to
>3DStudio".

I did not say PoV-Ray is an old program.

>  In the same way: The fact that a news reader has existed for a very long
>time doesn't make it an old program.

I didn't say that either. However, my feeling is that a newsreader unable to
process VCards, or any other form of binary attachment is lacking some of
the new features. In this case I would upgrade to take advantage of them.

>--
>main(i,_){for(_?--i,main(i+2,"FhhQHFIJD|FQTITFN]zRFHhhTBFHhhTBFysdB"[i]

.....Opinions are my own....
Bernd M. Jordan