POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read fiasco : Re: BLESS YOU! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BLESS YOU!
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Aug 1999 09:28:26
Message: <37b17a7a@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:35:39 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote:
>--------------353C53C99B3BCF3BB8CA77D4
>
>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> Just because some idiot at Nutscrape doesn't understand USENET
>> culture doesn't mean you have to meekly follow along.
>
>	When .com domains were permitted, internet culture began a
>permanent change that will never turn back.

Learn some history, then come tell me about the Internet.  If you
can find me.  It wasn't .com that changed the world, it was aol.com
and netscape.com in particular.  And it wasn't for the better.

>	I am hardly sympathetic to people who try to turn back the clock
>by claiming a company with maybe 40% of the installed market
>doesn't understand. And the other big chunck of the installed
>market is Free Agent. Shall the world go backwards because
>universities have not paid to move forward?

Bzzzt.  trn is in the #2 spot, with almost as many users as Nutscrape.
In most non-alt groups, the proportion is higher for trn.