POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More normal questions : Re: More normal questions Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More normal questions
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 10 Aug 1999 16:00:17
Message: <37b084d1@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:
>"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:
>
>> I don't know if that normal behavior is a bug or not.
>> If it isn't how can I get around it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Rune S. Johansen
>
>If it doesn't work through several scaling operations then simply apply the
>normal to the object at it's final scale and adjust the normal to appear
>how you wish it to look.
>
>Say for example you have a blob man that is 10 pov units tall but you
>want it 1 unit tall. Scale it by 0.1 then apply the normal to it after
>the scale statement. It may not be as predictable as you prefer but you
>should still be able to get the normal pattern to appear as you wish
>it to.

Unfortunately that isn't always enough. :-(

My BlobMan has clothes. That means he is made up of multiple objects each
with separate textures.
When it is an object that has already been #declared you can only add one
texture to the whole object afterwards and that isn't enough if you need an
object with different textures on the different parts.
Besides, if textures have already been added to the object you can't
overwrite them.

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, hundreds of
raytracing jokes, miscellaneous other things,
and a lot of fun!