POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More normal questions : Re: More normal questions Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More normal questions
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 10 Aug 1999 15:04:07
Message: <37b077a7@news.povray.org>
After messing around with my computer's clock Outlook
Express won't show all messages so I can't see all replies
to my first message.
Anyway I saw Matt Giwer saying something like:

>Sounds like all you have done is lost track of your {}.

To show that that's not the problem I have made an example.
Change the value "Scale" to high and low values like 100
and 0.01 and you will see that the normal changes.

// Start of example

#declare Scale = 1;

camera {
   location -3*z
   look_at 0
   scale Scale
}

light_source {<10,20,-30>*Scale, color 1}

#declare Sphere =
sphere {
   0, 1
   pigment {color rgb 1}
   normal {bozo 1 scale 0.2}
}

object {Sphere scale Scale}

// End of example

I also have this scene with BlobMan scaled 40 times down.
His skin looks VERY nubbly (if that is the correct word).
Also when he is scaled very large his skin looks way too smooth.

I don't know if that normal behavior is a bug or not.
If it isn't how can I get around it?

Thanks!

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, hundreds of
raytracing jokes, miscellaneous other things,
and a lot of fun!