POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Ron Parker
Date: 10 Aug 1999 09:13:37
Message: <37b02581@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 07:34:29 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote:
>--------------130CED139398AB15E1C28502

^^^ Those aren't headers.  They're MIME Multipart separators.

>	I look at my own messages and see no such thing. Why don't you
>just adjust your reader not to show the message headers? Every

A) That's because you're using a web browser instead of a news reader.
B) Those aren't headers.  Even if you turn off headers, the useless MIME
   crap shows up.  MIME is okay in binaries groups, because we expect it
   there, but it is out of place in a text-only group.

I'm usually happy to just ignore it, but when people are wrong and then
get belligerent about their right to be wrong rather than solving the
problem, it starts to bother me.