POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for stereopair->HF software : Re: Looking for stereopair->HF software Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for stereopair->HF software
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Aug 1999 14:13:26
Message: <37a882c6@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:28:33 +0200, ingo wrote:
>Ron Parker heeft geschreven in bericht <37a85246@news.povray.org>...
>Biggest problem for the software is to find the corresponding pixels in the two
>pictures. I've done this lots of times by hand. I use a kite plus sterocamera to
>do some aerial photography.

That's the part I'm concerned about, actually.  I can generally figure out the
rest from scratch when I need it (That's not to say that I won't just use what
you've derived instead... I will.)  I assume that real-world software does this
by sliding a window across the right image and doing some sort of statistical
correlation with a fixed window on the left image, but I haven't been able to
create anything here that gives me satisfactory results.  That may be due to
a lack of good data, however.  I will keep trying, of course.  I won't actually
need any of this stuff for at least six months, and if I don't have it the
world won't end.

>http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Start.html
>This is a site on remote sensing, I have not explored it yet but chapter 11 is
>about stereo stuff.

Thanks, That's a very nice site in and of itself, though I didn't find anything
I could use at the moment.  Nevertheless, I will be passing it along to my
teacher friend to add to the website she's making for her students as a
starting point for independent study.