POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net : Re: Twysted.net [more thoughts] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted.net [more thoughts]
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Aug 1999 09:15:30
Message: <37a83cf2@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:32:27 -0600, Twyst wrote:
>Well, I was tossing some ideas around, and I thought of putting a link to
>ftp.povray.org as the file library link. But, it's outdated. Heavily. For
>example, the most recent version of Moray on there is 2.5. That's quite a
>bit out of date. In fact, most of the files deal with Pov-Ray 2.2 or
>earlier.
>
>I also thought of doing something that I see the larger sites, like
>PlanetQuake , etc. have done, and that's have their files hosted by Walnut
>Creek CDrom. (www.cdrom.com).

[...]

Wasn't Walnut Creek the company that was going to come out with a new
POV CD that wasn't going to have anything to do with the POV-Team?
If you haven't already seen it, they have a povray directory, which
contains an amalgam of the current ftp.povray.org and what ftp.povray.org
used to look like, before the great purge.