POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Twysted.net : Re: Twysted.net Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twysted.net
From: Twyst
Date: 2 Aug 1999 04:48:21
Message: <37a55b55@news.povray.org>
> Javascript is OK (to handle things like mouseover and popup windows).  But
> I agree not to use java with anything necessary.  I almost always have
java
> disabled.  Java VMs (in my experience) are too unstable.  Why should I
> risk crashing Netscape or IE just so I can see some animated banner (which
> I have to wait forever to load over my slow phone connection anyway)?

I agree. I personally HATE java with a passion. In my opinion, it's a total
waste of time. After all, it's touted as 'write once, work everywhere', but
in my experience, it's 'write once, test everywhere'. If you're worried
about portability, try ANSI compliant C.

Javascript, imho, is ok, since often a browser will simply ignore it if it
doesn't understand it.

Twyst