POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A normal question : Re: A normal question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A normal question
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 1 Aug 1999 17:08:32
Message: <37a4b750@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp wrote:
>"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:
>>
>> The texture is only scaled small and then big again, so why does the
normal
>> look different (same size but "deeper" bumps)?
>
>It's a bug relating to slope_maps.  See my post "Patterned slope_map bug
>(and Ghost of POV)" in povray.bugreports for more information.  In that
>article I only mentioned the problem (and fix) as it related to normal_map
>patterns, but it appears that texture_map patterns have the same problem.

Oh, so it WAS a bug. I thought so.
I hope it'll be fixed.

Thank you for the explanation.

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when",