POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV-Ray/2 - which one? : Re: PoV-Ray/2 - which one? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray/2 - which one?
From: Ken
Date: 6 Oct 1999 13:51:35
Message: <37FB8C1F.34E3B5EC@pacbell.net>
Jan Danielsson wrote:

> Which is _the_ PoV-Ray version?
>
> I have compiled the standard (POVTeam) PoV-Ray version, and I have compiled
> the a photon patched version. Now I'm searching for the most frequently used
> PoV-Ray used to produce the images in povray.binaries.images. Is it the
> "SuperPatch":ed version?
>
>  /j

 The current official POV-Ray version is Pov v3.1g.

 There is absolutely no doubt that the official version is used by more
people. You should understand though that all of the features available
in the official version are also available in the photon patch. The
benefit of the photon patch is that it has even more features than the
official version does.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: