POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3dnoise: help me understand. : Re: 3dnoise: help me understand. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dnoise: help me understand.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Oct 1999 19:16:09
Message: <37FA8615.F61BA986@my-dejanews.com>
Yes, you are linearly scaling the structure. Your density will not change as a
function of position if you make scalar operations like those.  I want to make
a sphere that is "100% dense" at r=0, but gradually tapers off to zero or a
minimum density at r=some R.   This is easy to do with media.

Where does 3dnoise come from? It's not in the superpatch docs or documented
anywhere that I know of...