POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oficina '99 : Re: Oficina '99 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oficina '99
From: Ken
Date: 5 Oct 1999 04:16:22
Message: <37F9B3CC.E359DD1A@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Alan Kong <ako### [at] pacbellno-spamnet> wrote:
> : but they don't devote any print space to freeware
> : ray tracers :(
>
>   That's because free programs CAN'T be good...

   No it's because people who distribute freeware programs do not pay big
bucks for advertising their product like the commercial software providers
do. It's economics pure and simple. It is a good thing that word of mouth
works. I would never have found POV-Ray had someone not posted a raytraced
image on a local BBS a few years ago. I got curious about the image and
finaly found the software that produced it. The rest is history :)

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: