POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rgb-->grayscale : Re: rgb-->grayscale Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb-->grayscale
From: Larry Fontaine
Date: 28 Sep 1999 23:09:48
Message: <37F1811A.B860B4BE@isd.net>
Would that be using different "weights" for different colors, i.e., a picture using
only solid rgb would have different gray levels? A very easy way to do it, of
course, would just be to average the rgb values, but somehow I don't think that's
what you want. Then there's hue-chroma-value (referred to as
hue-brightness-saturation in most programs), which would make more sense. I don't
know those, but they should be easy formulas to find.