POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images : Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images
From: Ken
Date: 28 Sep 1999 01:29:19
Message: <37F051C6.37627200@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> After reading this thread, I checked my Computer Science textbook, and it
> appears that POV-Ray is a very popular program for generating artwork for
> these books.  However, the cover artwork in question in this case was
> created by the author of the book, and no copyright violations are involved.
>
> Mark

Raises an interesting question. If someone uses "your" source code to
render an image on "their" computer is the image that is produced now
the property of the computer owner who produces the image ?

I know what you are going to say but I just say prove it :)

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: