POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AMD K2 (eMachine) slow pov-ray performance : Re: AMD K2 (eMachine) slow pov-ray performance Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AMD K2 (eMachine) slow pov-ray performance
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Sep 1999 07:49:00
Message: <37EF5986.1BD37AF5@peak.edu.ee>
Actually, POV depends pretty much on raw MHz. AMD's FPU might be a factor, but I
don't think the classic Pentium has a much better unit. Perhaps something
radical has been done in the BIOS, like turning off all processor caches. I
cannot think of any peripheral that could slow down POV by a significant amount.
How is the overall system performance? Does it swap a lot? Also, could you give
a benchmark time for POV (e.g. skyvase.pov @ 640x480 AA 0.3)

Margus