POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images : Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 27 Sep 1999 07:43:01
Message: <37EF588D.8BBBAF6C@xs4all.nl>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> As I said, I am not an attourney, but I think that the law of the country
> where the infringement happens applies, in this case the country where the
> book is published.
> I agree that it would be much too tedious to sue for you, if this has to
> happen in the US.
> But if US citizens decide to sue, you could probably hook up with them (some
> sort of class action lawsuit).
>
> Johannes.

Sueing assumes that the publisher is not all together bona fide. Now this is not
an elegant thing, but I don't really think the publisher here intentionally
broke some copyright-law. Perhaps a good first step would be to simply write a
(e-)letter, stating that they have used one (or more) of _your_ products and how
this could happen and then see how they react. It's good to not let this go
unnoticed. If the publisher has had a chance to defend his actions you can
decide what happens next.
Of course, chances are they'll ignore you, in which case sueing in court might
not really be an option but nailing them to a virtual wall on the internet (by
all sorts of ways) is! I think they're are a lot of people who'll support you
then.

Good luck,

Remco