POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "No pigment type given" : Re: "No pigment type given" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "No pigment type given"
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 23 Sep 1999 13:15:19
Message: <37EA5F92.20B47617@my-dejanews.com>
I have a gripe with povray that may or may not be related to his question:

It will often want to install itself under  a directory called
"C:\POV-Ray_for_Windows\"  If you put your scene files one or two levels below
this directory, you are even further stuck.  When error messages print out on
the message screen, povray does not let the text wrap around NOR does it allow a
scrool bar for messages far to the right.  The result is that the only
information you will get about your fatal error is something like:

Filename C:\POV-Ray for Windows\scene-files\boidscenefile01.pov:  You idiot, you
made the mistake of...........