POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : tools for creating image maps ? : Re: tools for creating image maps ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tools for creating image maps ?
From: Charles
Date: 21 Sep 1999 20:13:39
Message: <37E81F89.3C2AAF91@enter.net>
Mike wrote:
> I still use version 5 almost daily for things like screen capture, browsing, and
> batch conversion.  I don't use it much for detail work or, like you mention,
> large images because it isn't all that efficient with memory.  It also doesn't
> save alpha channels with images for some strange reason.
[snip]
> glass.  The docs say you can have different transparency levels set for each
> color in a paletted PNG image, but nothing I have supports that (I use
> photopaint and PSP).

Really? I have PSP 5 also, and it both saves alpha channels and does
paletted PNG images. And I upgraded shortly after that version came
out, so mine is still one of the earliest releases. Maybe you've got
a buggy intermediate version? (I hate when they start fiddling to
try and "fix" stuff...) Just to make sure it wasn't some
inconsistency between the PNG support of POV and PSP, I just tried
a test both ways, and both paletted PNG and alpha channel info
exported by PSP seems to work fine in POV image_maps.

Charles
--
http://www.enter.net/~cfusner
"...Then darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time,