POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Infinity in a box : Re: Infinity in a box Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinity in a box
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 21 Sep 1999 00:00:36
Message: <37E702E3.ADA09978@enst.fr>
Philip Bartol wrote:

> In article <37e132a2@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes" <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> >Sure you could (I think...) if you use the "vampire" method on the
> >infinity mirror box.  Couldn't you?
> >
> >Bob
> >
> >Philip Bartol <phi### [at] concentricnet> wrote in message
> >> The bummer behind this is that you can't put a checkered plane or
> >anything
> >> under it.... this technique can't be used to put a small "cube of
> >infinity" on
> >> someone's desk or something....
>
> "Vampire" method? I'm missing something here aren't I?
>
> PHIL

	It's a method that was used in a series of posts a month or two ago to
make objects that didn't appear in mirors or cast weird shadow. It
basically uses bounding boxes to make the objects visible only from the
camera or the light source or the mirror. You can see an example I just
posted in p.t.s-f

		Jerome

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *