POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : What is a "binary utility" ? : Re: What is a "binary utility" ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a "binary utility" ?
From: Ken
Date: 18 Sep 1999 00:52:32
Message: <37E31A22.F14CED54@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> Ian Burgmyer wrote in message <37e2e605@news.povray.org>...
> >My ideas:
>
> >2. The way I see it, there's p.t.s-f and p.b.s-f.  The 's' stands for
> >"scene".  Most people think of a scene as a complete image, not just a
> >utility.  And an INC file is hardly a scene.  It COULD realistically be
> >called a utility because it does things for people (which utilities
> >generally do)
>
> Some of the INC files I've made, if rendered by themselves, will produce a
> complete sample image.
>
> Mark

I think if the scene files groups had instead been named

povray.text.povray-files

this confusion might have been avoided. I agree that the
words "scene-files" is a bit misleading when trying to
figure out where to place files that you are sharing.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: