POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Angle and panoramic projection : Re: Angle and panoramic projection Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Angle and panoramic projection
From: Ken
Date: 16 Sep 1999 17:37:14
Message: <37E1629B.8319280D@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Yes, I know what the docs say.  But what do they mean? :)  Which
> viewing angle is one setting?  what does it mean by "a type" of
> cylindrical projection?

Sorry Ron - my twisted sense of humor again.

  Rearrange the camera statement thusly and it works as advertized
- up to a point:

Before > camera{panoramic location <0,.1,-6> angle 160 look_at 0  }
Now ---> camera{location <0,.1,-6> angle 160 look_at 0 panoramic }

Only problem with this change is that when you specify an angle larger
than 180 an error is returned warning you to specify  an angle of less
than 180 which seems to be in conflict with what the docs say.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: