POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Quick Math Question : Re: Quick Math Question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick Math Question
From: David Heys
Date: 16 Sep 1999 14:47:36
Message: <37E13605.2A5AEFAF@hotmail.com>
Cool, o.k.,now I know it's more complex than I initially thought. THanks
for the formula for the 90 degree angled triangle Bill'n'Bob, and for the
links Bob. I'll check em in a minute. Funny the things we remember and the
things we forget. I remember that the three angles inside the triangle are
supposed to always add up to 180 degrees. Pythagorean Theorem rings big
bells in my head.

I think this weekend I'm really going to have to go out and get a good book
on high school math. For one thing, it'd answer a lot of these kinds of
questions. For another, I homeschool my kids, and my 7 year old is already
expressing interest in learning POV and I plan to use it to teach her math,
geometry, a touch of coding, etc..

Anyone else who wants to pipe in, or add in other nifty time saving
formula's (like I believe the circumference of a circle is supposed to be
equal to pi*(r^2)), please do. :{)

David