POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Torus pattern suggestion : Re: Torus pattern suggestion Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus pattern suggestion
From: Ken
Date: 15 Sep 1999 17:12:41
Message: <37E00B55.DFDFC5A@pacbell.net>
Larry Fontaine wrote:

> Suggestion for the next version of POV:
> A torus pattern, like the sphere one, but a torus...
> Would be major radius 1, along the X-Y or X-Z plane, with the value
> gradually dropping off from 1 at minor-radius 0 to 0 at minor-radius 1.

And your argument for the inclusion of this and what benefits it would offer
are ?

  This is not a challenge of your suggestion. If you have a valid reason
you think this should be added you should make your request as compelling
as possible. Many requests for new features are posted here but few
follow through with why they think the time should be spent on adding
them.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: