POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math: helix wrap around a circle : Re: Math: helix wrap around a circle Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math: helix wrap around a circle
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 13 Sep 1999 13:41:28
Message: <37DD374E.6C8B87B7@enst.fr>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> I want to have a series of points which are a helix wrapped around a
> circle.
>
> If I had a series of objects, the operations in pov would be easy,
> because I could translate them as per sin & cos in one plane and then
> ROTATE the objects around another axis.  However, I need these to be
> POINTS which I declare.
>
> How can this be done? Can declare a point, then rotate it later, then
> later on use it as the position of an object?

	If you want to apply a translation to a point all you have to do is add
the translation vector. For the rotation, you might want to take a look
at the vrotate and vaxis_rotate functions.

		Jerome

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *