POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math: helix wrap around a circle : Re: Math: helix wrap around a circle Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math: helix wrap around a circle
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 13 Sep 1999 11:48:11
Message: <37DD1D5A.3177DB79@inapg.inra.fr>
One solution :
1. fill an array with the <x,y,z> positions P[n]
2. transform every point by whatever transformation (liberal use of
vector functions needed) P[n] -> Q[n]
3. apply the points : object{Toto translate Q[i]}
This can be a little more difficult if you have to reorient the object,
but a similar logic can be used.

Gilles