POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math: helix wrap around a circle : Math: helix wrap around a circle Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Math: helix wrap around a circle
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 13 Sep 1999 11:21:43
Message: <37DD15F1.2B627647@my-dejanews.com>
I want to have a series of points which are a helix wrapped around a
circle.

If I had a series of objects, the operations in pov would be easy,
because I could translate them as per sin & cos in one plane and then
ROTATE the objects around another axis.  However, I need these to be
POINTS which I declare.

How can this be done? Can declare a point, then rotate it later, then
later on use it as the position of an object?